Privacy and Information Collection Notice
What kind of personal information does CheckGo collect?
Personal information is information or an opinion that identifies you, whether the information or opinion is true or not, and whether the information or opinion is recorded in a material form or not. Information about an individual that forms part of an employee record is not personal information.
We only collect personal information where it is reasonably necessary for, or directly related to, the performance of our functions or activities and your use of our services. The kinds of personal information collected by us include:
- names, addresses, dates of birth, passport and driver licence details;
- bank account, credit card and other financial details; and
- photographs and images.
We generally collect information through online forms, face-to-face contact, emails and telephone calls.
We may also keep logs of your use of our website when you are logged into your CheckGo account or transaction or, you have accessed our website by following a link on a CheckGo email or text message. The information collected may include date and time of visit, membership/subscriber details, surname, location and actions, for example, pages viewed and pages submitted, as well as access to any third-party pages through our website.
How does CheckGo use personal information?
We will only use your personal information for the purpose for which it was collected, unless:
- you consented to the use of the information for a secondary purpose;
- you would reasonably expect the CheckGo to use the information for the secondary purpose and the secondary purpose is related to the purpose for which it was collected; or
- we reasonably believe that the use of the information for the secondary purpose is necessary to lessen or prevent a serious and imminent threat to your life, health or safety or the life, health or safety of another person, or a serious threat to public health or safety.
We primarily use the personal information of customers:
- to provide and administer our services, including verifying your identify, contacting you about your orders and booking, processing payments and testing our systems;
- to provide and operate competitions, promotions and events;
- to distribute communications about our business with or without the assistance of third party services providers;
- to provide customer support services, including resolving and providing assistance for mishandled or missing baggage claims or responding to other enquiries or requests;
- to conduct marketing activities for our services, or products and services of third parties;
- to conduct market and other research and analysis to improve services, including contacting you for feedback about your experience with us; and
- to satisfy our legal obligations.
We primarily use the personal information of job applicants, business partners and third party contractors:
- for insurance purposes;
- to provide and administer our services; and
- to satisfy our legal obligations.
When does CheckGo disclose personal information?
We will not disclose your personal information other than for the purpose for which it was collected, unless:
- you consented to the disclosure of the information for a secondary purpose;
- you would reasonably expect CheckGo to disclose the information for the secondary purpose, and the secondary purpose is related to the purpose for which it was collected; or
- we reasonably believe that the disclosure of the information for the secondary purpose is necessary to lessen or prevent a serious and imminent threat to your life, health or safety or the life, health or safety of another person, or a serious threat to public health or safety.
We may disclose your personal information to government departments, legal advisers, accountants, providers of information services such as technology providers or anyone to whom CheckGo is required to disclose the information by law.
How can you access or correct your personal information?
If the information sought is extensive, we may charge a fee to cover the cost of verifying your application and locating, retrieving, reviewing and copying any information requested. In those circumstances we will advise the likely cost in advance. If we cannot provide you with access to that information, we will provide you with written notice explaining the reasons for refusal.
Queries and complaints
If you have a query about the way CheckGo manages personal information or a complaint about your privacy please contact us. We will respond to your query or complaint within a reasonable period following its receipt.
If you are not satisfied with the outcome of your complaint, you may make a complaint to the Australian Information Commissioner.